Michael Thomas - chef at The Jamaica Pegasus
The road to the Taste of the Caribbean 2015 began in October 2014, with the staging of the Taste of Jamaica 2014. Seven gruelling months of practice, meetings, and selection led to the final team being selected to compete and represent the country.
Chef at The Jamaica Pegasus in Kingston, Michael Thomas, was among the powerful Jamaican team that represented the country at the actual event in Miami, Florida.
For five days, teams from all over the region competed. At the end of the five days, Jamaica won medals in each category entered.
The following medals were received:
- Rochelle Grindley - Gold Medal - Chef of the Year category
- Team Jamaica (Mark Cole leading the team); Chef Rochelle Grindley, team captain; Chef Shakera Cassie, pastry chef; Chef Marlon Brown, Junior Chef; Chef Warren Rowe, team member; Chef Cadayne Wynn, junior apprentice and Bartender Adrian Johnson, Gold Medal - Team of the Year category
- Tiffany Grant - silver medal - Cheesecake category
- Adrian Johnson - silver medal - Bartender of the Year category
- Michael Thomas - bronze medal - Beef and Seafood category
- Shakera Cassie - bronze medal - Pastry Chef of the Year category
- Marlon Brown - bronze medal - Junior Chef of the Year category.