BVI Summer Freedom Programme offers affordable getaway to paradise
This summer, the British Virgin Islands (BVI) Tourist Board invites travellers to come to the BVI to celebrate a Summer of FREEdom by taking advantage of incredible offers throughout the 60 beautiful islands. Value-added offers from a variety of properties - private islands to luxury villas to yachts and more - include free nights, resort credits, free transportation and free excursions.
The BVI is the ultimate summer destination as it offers experiences for every traveller. Adventure-seekers can enjoy snorkelling at the stunning coral reef at Rosewood Little Dix Bay. For couples on a romantic getaway, Guana Island offers the perfect package, including complimentary champagne, massages and a private beach picnic. Those who prefer a bit of luxury and relaxation can explore the BVI's crystal-clear blue waters aboard chartered yachts, like Necker Belle.
"The BVI Summer FREEdom Programme allows travellers to get the most out of their experience in the BVI," said Sharon Flax-Mars, director of the BVI Tourist Board.
"The variety of amazing offers from our industry partners gives guests the freedom to explore the BVI in whatever suits them best, whether that's a chartered yacht for island-hopping or the comfortable luxury of a private villa to accommodate larger groups."
Travelling to the BVI will be easier than ever with a new Cruise Pier Expansion Project that will expand the existing Cruise Pier in Tortola. Another exciting aspect of this project is the development of Tortola Pier Park, a five-acre commercial and entertainment centre.
For booking and travel dates and details on how to book the following deals, visit www.summer.bvitourism.com.
Private Islands & Luxury Resorts
Whether a romantic getaway or a group trip with friends is in store, the BVI plays host to travellers interested in a secluded experience on a private island or luxury resort.
- Bitter End Yacht Club: The Super Saver Family Package is perfect for families and offers 55 per cent off a connecting room for children.
- Guana Island: Guests staying seven nights in a Sea View Cottage will receive a bottle of champagne upon arrival, a private castaway beach picnic, two 50-minute massages, a private tour of the organic orchard and round-trip taxi and boat transport from Beef Island airport.
- Peter Island Resort & Spa: Stay four nights, pay for three or stay five nights, pay for four. Whether celebrating a honeymoon or a special getaway, 'romance-centric' activities like couples treatment at the world-class spa or a private dinner on the beach, Peter Island is the backdrop to once-in-a-lifetime FREEdom memories.
- Rosewood Little Dix Bay: Guests can get a complimentary night to have more time and more value in paradise. This means more time snorkelling the gorgeous coral reef, more time enjoying delicious cuisine at three beachfront restaurants and more time to enjoy seven secluded beaches.
Resorts, Hotels and Inns
A resort, hotel or inn experience may be best suited for families looking for a full-service, low-key vacation or an opportunity to live like a local.
- Anegada Reef Hotel: Stay four nights and get the fifth free in an ocean view room.
- Sea View Hotel: Stay for seven nights and receive the seventh free.
Multigenerational travellers or large groups will enjoy the ease and space that a private villa offers.
- Scrub Island Resort & Spa: Buy five nights and get seven with $500 resort credit on villas.
The adventure seeking traveller can stay aboard a chartered yacht, enjoying the sounds of the sea.
- Horizon Yacht Charters: Horizon BVI is offering 10 nights for the price of seven or a 10 per cent discount on seven-night charters.
- Necker Belle: Charter Necker Belle for seven nights and pay for just six.
- On Deck Charters: One guest will sail free on any week-long all inclusive charter vacation.